Crispy Energy Bites
I make these probably once a fortnight, they require hardly any time and are full of so many energy boosting nutrients to help get me through back to back lectures. I keep these in the freezer and take 1 or 2 out just before I head off to school so they're ready to chomp on later!
- 1 1/2 C mixed nuts (almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts, cashews)
- 1/4 cup of seeds - (pepitas, sunflower seeds, flax seeds)
- 10 medjool dates - pitted
- 2 heaped Tbs cacao powder
- 2 Tbs protein powder - optional
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 C buckwheat grouts - optional but they give a nice crunch!
- If using a high powered food processor such as a Thermomix, place all ingredients except buckwheat grouts and blend until combined.
- If not using a high speed food processor, place nuts and seeds into a standard food processor and pulse until crumbly. Add the dates and blend until combined and sticky. Then add remaining ingredients, except the buckwheat and blend well.
- Fold in buckwheat grouts, then roll into small balls. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or freeze for a later date.
Makes roughly 20 small bites