Gluten free Buckwheat and Cinnamon Granola
I love granola, seasonal fruit and coconut yoghurt for brekky, especially in the warmer weather. It's filling with plenty of protein, fibre and good fats and better yet, you can make it ahead of time for an on-the-go kind of day. It also makes a great afternoon snack, without causing a blood sugar spike. Experiment with whatever nuts and seeds you have on hand, I promise you can't really go wrong if you loosely follow it! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 Cups gluten free oats (or regular if not GF)
- 1 Cup buckwheat grouts
- 1 Cup halved macadamias
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbs raw honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix melted coconut oil, honey, cinnamon and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients then pour wet mixture in and stir to coat.
- Spread evenly over baking tray and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes (depending how crunchy you like it), turning half way.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to an air tight container.