Almond and Dark Choc Chip Cookies (GF, DF)
I was introduced to tea at the young age of 8. Growing up in cold Tasmania, a hot cup of lady grey tea was a true tradition in our female- dominated household. Along with this, Mum would always bring out a biscuit to dunk in our tea. Now, on a windy winters day (although far less often now living in sunny Gold Coast), I crave the same thing. It's done a little differently now, with almond milk, organic loose leaf tea and a healthy cookie. None the less, it brings me the same joy and comfort as it did 12 years ago. These cookies are the perfect tea-dunking accompaniment. They're gluten, dairy and refined sugar free, meaning I may go back for a second one!
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup DF dark chocolate chips OR 60g 80% dark chocolate broken into small pieces.
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries (optional)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a flat baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond meal, baking powder, salt, coconut sugar and chocolate chips
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the egg with a fork then stir in the coconut oil
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir through raspberries to mixture if desired.
- Roll the dough into balls, place on the baking tray and flatten slightly
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool slightly before eating
These taste amazing fresh out of the oven but if you prefer your cookies hard and chewy allow to cool or keep for a later date (if you have the self control!)