5 ingredient Raw Berry and Coconut Slice
Combine anything berry + chocolate and it's a winner in my eyes. This slice is gluten and dairy free, vegan, full of antioxidants and good fats - A perfect anti-inflammatory combo!
- 1 Cup frozen mixed berry’s
- 1 1/2 Cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 Cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbs Pure Maple Syrup OR 1/2 banana (optional)
- 100g 70% dark chocolate (I use green & blacks)
- Blitz all ingredients except chocolate in a blender.
- Press firmly into a baking dish lined with parchment paper and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate over stove on medium heat or in the microwave until runny.
- Pour chocolate over berry mixture and place back in the freezer to set.
- Keep in freezer until needed. Before cutting and eating, leave out of the freezer for 5 - 10 minutes to defrost.
*Note - For a raw and homemade chocolate topping add 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup and 2 Tbs cacao powder together and follow other steps as usual. This also tastes amazing when adding frozen cherries instead of berries!
* For an extra protein kick, add 1 - 2Tbs raw acai protein powder...delish!