Dairy Free (vegan) Creamy Aioli
This Aioli is going to be your new fridge staple! It’s creamy, smooth and so diverse. Once your cashews are soaked, it’s all about throwing everything into the blender and blitzing! Make a batch at the start of the week to transform your salads, drizzle on top of pizza in place of cheese or spread on your wraps for a nutrient boost. This dairy free aioli is rich in polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats (aka the good kind!) essential for hormone production, healthy glowing skin and appetite control just to name a few. Enjoy!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 heaped cup cashews
- 2 Tbs lemon juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar (raw if possible)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup filtered water (depending on desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Soak cashews in filtered water (enough to cover them) for minimum 4 hours or 1 hour with with near boiling water and set aside*
- Place garlic in food processor and blitz till fine.
- Add in all remaining ingredients, including soaked cashew, and blend for 2 minutes on high or until a smooth texture forms. Add extra water, 1 Tbs at a time for a thinner consistency.
*If a hot day, soak cashews in the fridge and make sure to drain and rinse before adding to blender.
*Store in fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for 3 months.