Flourless Nutty Brownies
These brownies are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free protein chunks of yum! I got the idea to incorporate chickpeas into my baking from I quit sugar. This recipe is a high protein, low sugar snack that satisfies any chocolate craving while maintaining an even blood sugar level to prevent hormonal disruptions. The dates give these brownies a nice gooey texture, so it's worth the steps! Add nuts or berries through the mixture at the end to change up the flavour combo and texture. Have fun experimenting and enjoy!
- 100g 80% dark chocolate
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbs nut butter (eg. almond or 100% peanut)
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped nuts (i love walnuts!)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a square baking dish with baking paper (mine is 20x20cm)
- Blitz chocolate and dates in a food processor until a sticky crumble forms
- Melt chocolate/date mixture in a saucepan over medium heat with the coconut oil until runny. Return to food processor with all remaining ingredients, except nuts and blend until well combined then fold nuts through the thick mixture.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and bake in oven for 15 minutes..
- Wait to cool before cutting then store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or freeze for a later date.