Golden Zucchini Chips
After my last exam, I didn't want to even think about food, nutrients, diets or anything health related for at least a good few days... but somehow I've ended up experimenting in the kitchen again, on my first day of holidays, and loving it! Here we have some crunchy zucchini chips that go perfectly as a side to any dish or as an afternoon snack. Keep reading for a super simple and creamy dipping sauce that goes perfectly with these golden chips!
2-3 Medium zucchinis
1 Egg (Use olive oil if vegan, but will be less crunchy)
1/3 Cup Polenta
1/3 Cup GF bread crumbs (or normal if not GF)
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius an line a tray with baking paper
- Slice zucchini in half and then into 2cm width sticks resembling the look of thick cut chips
- In a bowl, whisk one egg with a fork
- In a seperate bowl mix all remaining ingredients
- Coat each zucchini chip in the egg and then coat in crumb mixture
- Pace zucchini onto prepared tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until their crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside
Mix up equal parts of hommus and goats yoghurt with lemon juice to taste for a tangy, creamy dipping sauce - delish!
Note: Try and serve straight away as these taste best straight out of the oven!